Saturday, December 26, 2009

Overapplication of glycolic acid left burn mark on face: anyway to get rid of (creams, serums, etc.)? Thanks!?

I was using a ';mild'; 30% glycolic product to lessen/reduce acne scarring and overconcentrated on a scar between my eyebrows. Now I have a burn/scar the size of a quarter. I've been treating it for the past two weeks with topical Vitamin E and Vitamin K but still no change. Is this going to be a permanent scar/burn? Or will it fade over time? Better yet, is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process? I appreciate any and all recommendations.Overapplication of glycolic acid left burn mark on face: anyway to get rid of (creams, serums, etc.)? Thanks!?
Try using hydrogen peroxide on the area. The body produces cells called fibroblasts and these are what create scars. Hydrogen peroxide breaks down the scar tissue formation and promotes healing of the area. You cannot over treat with peroxide, a couple times a day morning and night lightly scrub the area with a soft cloth or cotton ball soaked in the peroxide and you should see results in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment